IP telephony (VoIP Service) is a technology that allows you to transmit voice over a computer network. It doesn’t have to be the Internet, it can be any computer network. For example, a home network of 2-3 computers, or 10-20 PCs, or a corporate network of 100-200 workstations. Take a look at the best VoIp services below.
Monitoring and Debugging VoIP Networks Using a Network Analyzer
VoIP (Voice over IP) is rapidly changing the face of modern telephony. The term “Voice over IP” refers to VoIP networks, including streaming and signaling protocols, as well as codecs. VoIP is widely used by everyone, from hobbyists who enjoy the ability to make long-distance calls over the Internet, to developers of multifunctional solutions aimed at replacing the entire analog telephony infrastructure.
VoIP technology allows you to make calls:
- from a personal computer using a special program;
- from a special VoIP phone;
- from a regular phone via an adapter.
Without a doubt, VoIP technology has everything you need to reduce the cost of communications compared to traditional analog telephony. Another important aspect is the achievement of call quality comparable to calls over PSTN networks. Implementing VoIP solutions requires careful analysis of network requirements and current conditions in order to provide call quality comparable to analog (PSTN) environments. This article describes possible quality issues that need to be addressed when designing or implementing a VoIP solution in both wireless (Wi-Fi) and wired network infrastructures.
To take advantage of all the wide possibilities of Internet telephony, it is enough to have an Internet connection. The higher the data transfer rate on your channel, the higher the quality of the sound during the conversation. For these purposes, broadband Internet access using ADSL technology is perfect.
The Main Functions of the Best VoIP Service
VoIP operator offers a new option for virtual numbers:
- “Be your own”. This option allows you to flexibly configure the definition of numbers for outgoing calls.
- You can select the regions of interest and designate from which number calls to this region will be made. Now, when making calls to regional numbers, your clients will be assigned your local number, which means that your company will be “your own” in this region. For example, you have two numbers purchased in Telfin, these are Krasnodar and Yekaterinburg. W
- When calling the Krasnodar Territory with the “Be Your Own” service, the system will automatically substitute the identification of your Krasnodar number. As a result, your clients will see a call with their local area code, they will be more willing to communicate with your managers and call them back if necessary.
VoIP technology combines the convenience of traditional voice communications with all the possibilities of digital communications. The result is a qualitatively new level of communication, much more functional, more convenient, and, most importantly, much cheaper. This made it possible to get rid of the high tariffs of telecom operators and made it possible to reduce the cost of a call on a regular phone or to talk at all for free.
In any network, you can organize the work of the VoIP protocol and transfer voice from one computer to another, so that you get a conversation like on the phone. But when people talk about VoIP telephony, they usually mean the transmission of voice over the Internet. VoIP standards describe various signaling protocols that are used to initiate and place a call, transmit information necessary for identifying and locating a subscriber, and harmonize the functions and capabilities available for a given transmission medium.